Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Alliterating with Abandon

Alliteration is always an attempt to address

the many maddening molehills my meandering mind meets

I try till I'm tired and terribly tormented

but I'm no Shakespeare or Wordsworth or Keats!

Fear of failing to fashion fine verse

Inhibits ideas imbalanced, immature.

"Priya and perfect poetry? Please!"

- a voice in my head, unhelpful, insecure.

Doodle or die, I determinedly decide

Sense and symmetry can surely be seived

from the folds of my feelings, fraught with fragility...

Tougher tasks I have, with more success, achieved!

So I sit and scribble in studious silence

putting planks of poetry into place,

building bridges between the bees in my bonnet

and the (saner) rest of the human race.

:) :)

No comments: