Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Best ended.

Someone's watching TV downstairs. I can hear it all the way up here. The reaction is a resigned smile - nothing more, nothing less. But just before the characters in the movie started to talk, I heard a guitar playing Old McDonald Had a Farm. For a moment there, I was back in the dining room of our very first house, swinging on the back of the chair in a way my mother disapproved thoroughly of, listening to my father singing me my favourite song.

It is, I realise now, still one of my favourites. Even if I haven't really thought about it in a decade.

Nice ending to the day, this. This is one of those exasperating days when you're disoriented for no reason. Nothing productive done...most people would know what sort I'm referring to...the best thing to do with a day of this kind is to end it, and to end it as early as possible so that things can start behaving the next morning onwards.

So I think I will go to bed. That's the most productive thing I can do with today.

The TV's switched off now. Maybe someone else got the same idea.

I wonder which movie this was, though.

No comments: