Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

In transit

I'm at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai, tired for no real reason, sleepy, hungry, excited and a little apprehensive. I'm here alright, just not quite here yet. After every keystroke, I turn back to check if my baggage is intact. It's not needed...just that I'm overly protective of my only business suit, a boring, annoying affair in black.

But I digress.
I'm hungry, to begin with.
I'm also in two places, phases and states of mind at one go. The feeling isn't new, but I have to admit I'm still not used to this...this quick switching between frames of reference and states of being. As I recall, I've been at it all my life, but it still seems weird.

I'll get used to it, I guess. I've led a pretty nomadic existence, as much emotionally and mentally as physically, in the last couple of years. I'm beginning to think I prefer this as a way of life.

I'm also oddly exhilerated. I want to shout in joy and hug the universe, breathe in deep, exploratory breaths, look around me, feel at home. I realise I'm in love with the world, with life.

It's a great feeling! It's like the complimentary sachet of coffee with a can of condensed milk...the perfect combination that leaves you feeling wonderfully heady.

I'm off to live three of the coffee sachet days that came with life. Cheerio!

No comments: